Forums ( Back to Online Fitness Log )
Home       Calendar
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Healthy Weight Gain Expand / Collapse
Author

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 4/23/2010
Dear Online Fitness Log Community,

My name is Will Lee. I'm 22, 6'1, and I'm attempting to gain some muscle weight. I'm currently about 185 lbs. My weight doesn't seem to go up, even though my strength is increasing. I have a tendency to eat healthy food, but recently I've even been letting my fat intake increase a bit to try and increase my daily calories. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

My goal weight is roughly 210 pounds. I'd really like to bulk up. The supplements I'm currently taking are N.O. Xplode, CellMass, and plain old fashioned whey protien.

Thank you very much,

Will Lee
Post #1513
Posted 7/13/2010

Last Login: 7/4/2010
I won't comment on the supplements.

Estimate your BMR at the weight you wish to be. Then, include the Harris Benedict Equation to determine the total number of calories needed to maintain the new weight.

My calculation for you is BMR = 2161. Harris Benedict Equation of 1.725 will put you around 3725 calories. Be sure to eat carbs with your protein to help ensure the protein goes toward muscle growth.
Post #1581
Posted 10/26/2010

Last Login: 10/26/2010
When I was weightlifting I made my own protein shake that really helped me put on a lot of lean mass.

For my shakes, I mixed this in a blender twice a day:

1/2 Scoop of Protein Powder
2 Cup of Skim Milk
1 Tbsp of Peanut Butter
1/4 tsp of Cinnamon
2 Tbsps of raw oats
1 Gramcraker
1 Banana

If it is too thick, add some water to the mix. Alternatively, you can cut the milk down a little and add in some yogurt and water instead. If you do that, you still will need some water to loosen the mixture up. In addition, a lot of those ingredients are complex carbohydrates, so you will have a steady absorption throughout your day. A lot of those name brand protein shakes contain a lot of simple carbs which are absorbed too quickly and are akin to the crap you find in junk food.
Post #1656
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -6:00, Time now is 6:43am

Execution: 0.106. 10 queries. Compression Disabled.